Wednesday 23 February 2011

Last day

We fly out early tomorrow morning (that's Friday for us) and have quite a busy schedule today so I might not get many more posts done here (I've just got up and am waiting for the girls to get ready). If I don't get stuff posted I will update finally once we are back in the UK and have had some sleep.

Being out here really brings into focus the challenges the people of the communities face on a day to day basis. I could say that being here gives me an understanding of the problems the people here face, but I think that would be facile as you can only really appreciate what someone else's life is like if you live it yourself. Frankly there are situations that on the face of it seem hopeless, but then there are the faithful team members getting alongside their neighbours and helping them as best they can with the resources we provide from the UK and sometimes from their own pockets. It is humbling to behold. As our charity's strapline says "Restoring hope to the needy through love and compassion".

I come away with mixed emotions, I am sad to say goodbye to the team, I am worried for them because of the uncertainty that they face and I feel determined that we should do more to help. May God guide the team here, the UK and Filipino trustees and our supporters to do just that.

Thank you all for the messages of support and encouragement we have received whilst we have been out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment